I love Rice Krispie Treats!  I thought it would be fun to make Cinco de Mayo Rice Krispie Treats for our Cinco de Mayo Party.

I made these Patriotic Rice Krispie Treat Pops from 'Kid Friendly Things to Do'  for 4th of July last year and I thought I'd adjust it to mini size using my mini muffin tin and use the Mexican Flag Colors.

What you need:
Kellogg's Rice Krispie Cereal 
Mini Marshmallows
Butter (I use salted sweet cream butter) 
Wilton Color Right Food Coloring System
Paper Straws for the Stick (cut the straws in half)

You will need to make 3 batches in green, white and red to represent the Mexican Flag.

Ingredients:
3 Tablespoons of Butter
3 Cups of Mini Marshmallows
3 Cups of Kellogg's Rice Krispie Cereal

Melt the butter and marshmallows, add the food coloring, then add the Rice Krispie Cereal and mix well.

Food Coloring Instructions:
For the green color I used: 6 Drops of Yellow and 3 Drops of Blue
No food coloring for the white.
For the red color I used: 8 Drops of Crimson, 1 Drop of Red, 1 Drop of Brown

Spray your mini muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.  Once you finish each batch, I pressed a mini ice cream scoop full into a mini muffin tin.  I poked a hole in the center with my paper straw, while mixture is still soft.  Once all three batches are finished I place red one onto the straw slid it up, then the white, then the green. 

Thank you for reading if you’ve enjoyed the content you’ve read above please share with your friends. 
www.BlogAboutItAll.com.