Looking for a great recipe to make Christmas Cookies?  This is my favorite recipe for Soft Christmas Cookies.  

I found this great Sugar Cookie Recipe on AllRecipes.com I have made a few adjustments thanks to the comments by others and this is my go-to recipe for Sugar Cookies.  My mom and mother-in-law make delicious sugar cookie cutouts.  My mother-in-law is famous for her sugar cookies and they have kindly shared their recipes with me, but every time I try their recipe, they don’t come out like theirs do.  So I have tried many recipes to find the perfect one that my family loves.  With this recipe, the sugar cookies come out soft and keep their shape I love them frosted and un-frosted. 

Here is the link to the original recipe: http://armagazine.com/2g4jEcj 
Ingredients:
  • 3 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup margarine, softened
 
  • 1 1/2 cups white sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract

Directions:

1. Sift flour, baking powder, and salt together, set aside. In a large bowl, cream together the margarine and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Gradually blend in the sifted ingredients until fully absorbed. Cover dough, and chill for 2 hours.
2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets. On a clean floured surface, roll out small portions of chilled dough to 1/4 inch thickness. Cut out shapes using cookie cutters.
3. Bake 6 to 8 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges are barely brown. Remove from cookie sheets to cool on wire racks.

The changes I make: Use butter instead of margarine, I only use 3 ¼ cups of flour and when I roll them out I use powdered sugar on the flat surface instead of flour.  Tip, keep the dough nice and thick when you cut out your shapes, this helps give a soft sugar cookie if your cut-outs are too thin they will be crisp, still good but not as good in my opinion.

I find with my oven I bake them at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes. 

Thank you for reading if you’ve enjoyed the content you’ve read above please share with your friends.