Rice Krispie Treats are one of my favorite treats!  With Easter right around the corner, I wanted to share with you these two easy and cute Easter Rice Krispie Treat Recipes.  I love making fun festive treats for my boys. You can definitely modify these recipes to use what you already have in your pantry or to your tastes.  

I received an e-mail from Kelloggs Rice Krispie with this cute idea for Egg Nests you can see their recipe here. They also have a ton of ideas on their website for more Spring Treats. You can also find similar ideas on Pinterest, to turn these Nests into Easter baskets.
With their Egg Nest recipe it calls for coconut to use as the grass, I was planning on using green frosting instead, then I came across "Edible Grass" at Target when my hubby and I were on a date night (yes I always try and squeeze in a kid free trip to Target or Hobby Lobby on date night, lol) so I decided to use the Edible Grass.  I thought my boys would get a kick out of that. 

I also decided to use my mini muffin pan, bite size things always seem cute, I find the mini muffin size perfect for toddlers. 
MINI EGG NEST RICE KRISPIE TREATS
What you need:
Rice Krispie Cereal
Mini Marshmallows
Green Grass (Edible Grass, Dyed Coconut, or even Frosting)
Eggs (I used Whopper Mini Eggs, you can also use Jelly Beans)

Directions:
Make Rice Krispie Treat Recipe 
I made a smaller batch to fill my 24 mini muffins
Use 3 Tablespoons of Butter and 3 Cups of Mini Marshmallows melted in a pan then add in 3 cups of Rice Krispie Cereal, mix together.  

I used a mini ice cream scoop it was the perfect amount to place in my mini muffin tin. Pressed the mixture in each cup, I used the back of a measuring spoon (Teaspoon size) to help indent the Rice Krispie to form nest you can also use your thumb.

I used scissors to cut up the Edible Grass.  My boys placed the chopped grass in each nest and 2 Whopper Eggs on each nest, they had fun helping.

I love the ways these turned out and so did my boys.  The grass was a big hit with one child it is Apple Flavored, the other two said next time to use frosting.  The Edible Grass does not really add a great taste, but it sure does look cute.  At the bottom of this post I added pictures with nests with frosting per my sons request, lol.

Since I was in the Rice Krispie Easter mood, I also made Easter Egg shaped Rice Krispie Treats.  I used a plastic Easter Egg sprayed with non-stick spray to help mold my treat.  
I also made a smaller batch so I could make multiple colors.
EASTER EGG RICE KRISPIE TREATS
Directions:
Make Rice Krispie Mixture (The 2 Cup Recipe Below makes about 8 eggs in each color)
Use 2 Tablespoons of Butter and 2 Cups of Mini Marshmallows melted in a pan.  
Add in food coloring before the cereal.  
For the Pink I used 4 drops of McCormick Neon Pink Food Coloring
For the Green I used 2 drops of McCormick Neon Green Food Coloring (next time I would use 3-4 drops)
For the Purple I used 2 drops of McCormick Neon Purple Food Coloring
Once Food coloring is mixed in, stir in cereal, mix well.  

I let the mixture cool for about 5 to 10 minutes so the mixture would be easier to handle. You don't want to let it cool too much though or you won't be able to form the eggs.
I sprayed a plastic Easter Egg with non-stick cooking spray and then filled the egg to form the egg shape.  It was very easy and I love the way they turned out.

Thank you for reading if you’ve enjoyed the content you’ve read above please share with your friends.