I love chips and salsa!  Whenever I show friends how to make homemade salsa they are always amazed at how easy it is to make.  If you have never tried, I encourage you to try this easy recipe.  

You can add or omit according to your taste.  I know some people do not like cilantro, I happen to love cilantro so adjust the recipe for your family.

I do not think my salsa is too spicy, but I have learned everyone has a different idea of what is spicy. If you do not like it too hot here are some things you can do to make it mild.

The heat in a jalapeno mostly comes from the seeds and ribs in the jalapeno.  You can remove those seeds and ribs for a milder salsa.  Start by just using one jalapeno and see how that tastes for you.  You can add a pinch of sugar to help balance out the heat.  You can add in some sweet baby bell peppers.

A tomato tip, if tomatoes are in season and they are bright red, I will use only fresh tomatoes, but if your tomato selection isn't great, you won't have a nice red salsa, so to help, you can use a small can of whole peeled tomatoes to give a brighter look.

When serving your chips and salsa, you can warm your chips in the oven for a little bit to serve delicious warm chips and fresh homemade salsa!  Yum!

Makes: 4 cups

What you need: 
4 Large Beef Steak Tomatoes or 8 Roma Tomatoes
2 Jalapenos
1/2 of an onion (I have used red, white and yellow onions, feel free to use what you have)
2 Cloves of Garlic
Handful of Cilantro
1/2 of a lime or lemon 
Garlic Salt to taste
Cumin to taste

Directions: 
I use my Ninja Blender so I do not have to chop that much, just half and quarter everything. Depending on the blender or food processor you use to pulse the ingredients you may need to chop the items smaller.

You want to add the things that are more difficult to blend towards the bottom of the blender, near the blade.  I start with onion, garlic, jalapeno, tomatoes then cilantro at the top, add in the juice of 1/2 a lime or lemon, a couple shakes of garlic salt and cumin and pulse a few times.  I like a chunkier consistency, you can blend to the consistency you enjoy.


Thank you for reading if you’ve enjoyed the content you’ve read above please share with your friends. 
www.BlogAboutItAll.com.