My kiddos love Rice Krispie Treats, who doesn't?  We love making them to match the holiday we are celebrating.  You can use cookie cutters to cut them into any shape, but my favorite way to make them is in small balls and use food coloring or sprinkles to add a festive touch.

My husband and I laugh because so many people request for me to make Rice Krispie Treats and to us they seem like just a basic treat, nothing special.  Many people compliment them and I share the secret is to make them in smaller batches, they come out moist every time.  When I make a large batch from the recipe on the back of the Kellogg's Rice Krispie Box, I don't know why but sometimes they come out great, sometimes they come out dry.  One other thing I watch for is make sure your mini marshmallows are fresh and fluffy.  I've noticed when I use mini marshmallows that have been in my cupboard for a while, that makes a difference too.  
What you need:
Kellogg's Rice Krispie Cereal 
Mini Marshmallows
Butter (I use salted sweet cream butter) 
Wilton Color Right Food Coloring System

For Valentine's, I made a regular batch with no food coloring, a pink batch, a purple batch, and a red batch.  

Ingredients:
3 Tablespoons of Butter
3 Cups of Mini Marshmallows
3 Cups of Kellogg's Rice Krispie Cereal

Melt the butter and marshmallows, add the food coloring, then add the Rice Krispie Cereal and mix well.

Food Coloring Instructions:
No food coloring for the white.
For the red color, I used: 8 Drops of Crimson, 1 Drop of Red, 1 Drop of Brown
For the pink, I used 6 Drops of Pink
For the purple, I used 1 drop of red, pink, and blue.  

One thing to keep in mind with the food coloring part, it will look extremely bright, once you add in the cereal it dulls the color some, so you can experiment with how bright you'd like.  

I used a mini ice cream scoop to form each ball. Once you finish each batch, I let the batch cool by starting another batch, then I go and form the balls and place them on parchment paper on a cookie sheet until I'm finished with all the batches.  I then transfer them to a storage container.  

You do not want to let the batch dry out to much so they will still be pliable to form into a ball.  I spray my mini ice cream scoop and my hands with non-stick cooking spray while I roll the balls to keep them from sticking to my hands.  


Thank you for reading if you’ve enjoyed the content you’ve read above please share with your friends. 
Here are some links over the years I've shared with festive Rice Krispie Treats.
Super Bowl Snack Stadium Treats: http://bit.ly/2NBdbHk
St. Patrick's Day Treats: http://bit.ly/2FZ1y8T
Easter Treats: http://bit.ly/2u65Hp0
Cinco de Mayo Treats: http://bit.ly/2UUeJwJ
@blogaboutitall Easy Valentine’s Rice Krispie Treats #ricekrispietreats #valentinestreats #valentinesricekrispietreat #ricekrispies #kelloggs #kelloggsricekrispies #valentines2023 #2023valentines #february2023 #blogaboutitall ♬ A cute pop song like Valentine Kiss(964024) - TEtoTE_Music