Have you ever tried that Strawberry Pretzel Salad dessert?  It has a salty, sweet pretzel crust, a cheesecake layer and then it is topped with strawberries and strawberry Jell-O, YUM!

My sister-in-law Colleen introduced me to this delicious sweet treat years ago, she would make it for family get-togethers.  Well it has been awhile since I had hers, but with Valentines, right around the corner I was thinking of what low carb, Keto-friendly sweet treat I could whip up for my hubby and I to enjoy and I thought I would attempt to make a Keto-friendly Valentines version of the Strawberry Pretzel Salad, which I have no idea why salad is included in the name.

I am happy to report these mini Valentine's cheesecake, Jell-O goodies turned out delicious!  Now you can totally skip making them into hearts if you do not have this Wilton Mini Heart Shaped Pan, and just make it in a 9x9 baking dish or whichever shape you have. 

Let me also say this no bake Cheesecake mixture, is absolutely delicious and I can eat it just like this right out of the bowl, I actually had some left over that I put in a mini mason jar, the perfect Keto-friendly sweet treat. 

What You Need:

1 Cup Almond Flour or grind your own Almonds (I did a combo of both, 1/2 cup of each)

2 Tbsp Swerve or the Sweetener of Your Choice for the crust

4 Tbsp Melted Butter

8 oz of Cream Cheese Softened

1/2 Cup Swerve or the Sweetener of Your Choice

1 Tsp Vanilla

1 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream

Sugar Free Strawberry Jell-O

Directions:

Make your crust first, I was running a little low on Almond Flour and did not have any pecans, I had Almonds, and I am all for improvising and using what you have so I ground up some Almonds in my mini Ninja Mixer.   Using both, 1/2 Cup of Almond Flour and 1/2 Cup ground Almonds, worked great, I love the way it turned out. Mix the Almond Flour, 2 Tbsp of Sweetener with the 4 Tbsp Melted Butter. 

Combine your crust ingredients.  Spray the baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. I placed 2 Tablespoons of the crust mixture in each mini heart shape and pressed down.  The crust actually came out pretty thick.  I baked for 10 minutes at 350, then set aside to cool while I made the Cheesecake Mixture.



For the Cheesecake Layer I mixed, 8 oz Cream Cheese Softened and Vanilla with the Sweetener first, I whipped the Heavy Whipping Cream separate to make whipped and fluffy, then I folded it into the cream cheese mixture.  I used an ice cream scoop to add the Cheesecake mixture into the mini hearts. I spread it out and then placed this into the freezer, while I started on the Jell-O part.






For the Jell-O I made according to the package directions, boiled 2 cups of water, added to Sugar Free Strawberry Jell-O and added in 5 ice cubes to cool quickly. 

You could add sliced strawberries, as the regular Strawberry Pretzel Salad recipe calls for.  I did not have any at the time, so I skipped the strawberries.  I poured the cooled Jell-O mixture over the cheesecake layer and then placed in the refrigerator for a few hours.

I used a butter knife to go around the edges before I flipped the pan over on a cookie sheet I lined with parchment paper and they came out surprisingly easy.  This is the perfect low-carb, keto-friendly Valentine's dessert for you to enjoy.  They are cute heart shaped individual servings and delicious.  

I hope you will give this recipe a try, even if not for Valentine's just for a low-carb treat. Thank you for reading if you've enjoyed the content you've read above please share with your friends.