We are so looking forward to Disney on Ice Presents Dare to Dream!  Disney magic is skating into the Sacramento Golden 1 Center this week February 14-18, 2019.  This will be the first time we have a Moana segment in the show!!!!  In fact, the Moana performer is a twin, her twin plays Anna from Frozen.  

The twin performers are from right here in Sacramento, CA, so I thought I would share a little background information for you to get to know these talented performers.  Maybe you have a someone in your life interested in the arts, dance, theater, or hopes of working with Disney some day.  Here is some fun information to share with them.

I hope to see you at the Golden 1 Center you can find more information about tickets and show times here: http://bit.ly/2N1z8xM
PERFORMER: First Name: Marie Hanford
Hometown: Elk Grove, CA

About Me
What age did you begin skating? I started skating at 7 years old.
What are some of your industry achievements (competitions/awards/ tests)? I have my Gold in USFS Moves in the Field.
What are some of your interests/hobbies/ favorite pastimes? 
Reading and yoga.
Who are your role models? My mom, she is a superhero.
What has been your toughest challenge during your performance career?
Once upon a time I got food poisoning and had to have a four-show day happen. It was less than ideal.
What are your professional goals? To continually push myself to become a better performer.
What are your major life goals outside of your career? I want to always be a positive influence on individuals in all aspects of my life, professionally and personally.
Do you have any superstitions or pre-performance rituals?
 I always put my skating guards in a very specific location.
What is your favorite memory on or off the ice?
 Once upon a time, I fell downstage center in a number I was not usually in because I am a bit short. It was a catwalk number. So I walked down the ice, center, tripped and fell into a puddle... Full audience reaction. It was great.
Is there a particular cause that you support? Why? 
I have donated my hair quite a few times to Locks of Love.

Life on the Road
What is the best and worst thing about living on the road?
 The best thing about being on the road is all the travel. The worst thing about being on the road is missing family. But also on tour, you build a tour family as well.
While on tour, what is your favorite thing to do during your free time? 
I like to read as much as a can.
What are your tips for frequent travelers? Always have a luggage scale.
What item(s) can't you live without on the road? 
Hair Straightener.
What have you learned by being on the road? 
I have learned how to be very efficient with my luggage and how much I can pack.

Career
What do you enjoy about performing?
 I enjoy how there are so many aspects that are involved in a show. The technical, the artistic. There are so many facets that keep a show running smoothly.
What do you want the audience to get from your performance? 
I hope that they feel as though I bring that character to life as much as possible and to transport them into another world even for a little bit.
What advice would you give to kids who want to be a performer? 
Work hard and always have a humble perspective. There is always so much to learn.

Feld Entertainment
What year did you join Feld Entertainment? 
2016
What Feld production are you currently skating in?
 Dare to Dream
In what other Feld productions have you performed?
 Worlds of Enchantment, and the Wonderful World of Disney on Ice.
Where did you audition? 
I auditioned via video to the casting director.
What did you do prior to joining Feld Entertainment?
 I was performing in another ice show at a theme park.
What countries have you traveled to while working for Feld Entertainment?
The Philippines, Thailand, Indonesia, Taiwan, South Africa, Vietnam, Canada.

Hometown Information
Where did you grow up? 
I grew up in Elk Grove, California
Did you train/perform at a hometown club or studio? If so, where? 
Yes, Capital City Figure Skating Club in Roseville and Sacramento CA
What high school/college did you attend? If applicable, what degree did you receive? 
Horizon Charter School, Sacramento City College, and Colorado State University.
PERFORMER: First Name: Tosha Hanford
About Me
What age did you begin skating? I began skating at the age of six.
What are some of your industry achievements (competitions/awards/tests)?   
I've passed through the highest (Senior level) Moves in the Field and Freestyle tests, and competed on the national and international level.
What are some of your interests/hobbies/favorite pastimes? I greatly enjoy drawing, painting, reading, traveling, and cooking.
Who are your role models? My mother and my grandfather.
What has been your toughest challenge during your performance career?          
The welcomed challenge of stepping out of my comfort zone and exploring new movements and/ or characters. Also, being away from family and loved ones for an extended amount of time can be challenging.
What are your major life goals outside of your career?  
I've always loved writing so perhaps finishing a Writing or English Master’s degree. And to start or work with a nonprofit organization that is geared towards helping abused women and children.
What's something a lot of people don't know about you? There's a part of me that's still a bit afraid of the dark.
What is your favorite memory on or off the ice?               
Perhaps not a specific memory, but the moments in a show when everyone is in that "flow" or "zone" together, feeding off of each other and everything melds seamlessly together.
If you could be a professional athlete in any other sport, what would it be and why?      
I would be a gymnast. I love the combination of strength, seamless movements, and athleticism.

Life on the Road
What is the best and worst thing about living on the road?          
I love traveling to new places, exploring, and making lifelong friends. On the downside, sometimes it's hard to be away from family and loved ones. For example, I began performing in ice shows right after my brother was born in 2008 so I missed a lot of him as a baby and toddler, and even now during his elementary school years.
While on tour, what is your favorite thing to do during your free time? I love watching movies and reading. Additionally, exploring new places and eating delicious food. :)
What item(s) can't you live without on the road? My journal, sketchbook, coconut oil, vitamins, cell phone, and iPad.
What have you learned by being on the road?  Pack light. You don't need as many of the things you thought you would. Be grateful; life is short and always do what you love.

Career
What do you enjoy about performing? 
I love being able to affect another person. Either another performer on the ice/stage or an audience member... Making them smile and feel different emotions.
What advice would you give to kids who want to be a performer?           
Observe as much as possible and use criticism as a way to grow.

Feld Entertainment
What year did you join Feld Entertainment? 2016
What Feld production are you currently skating in? Disney On Ice presents Follow Your Heart
Where did you audition? I sent my demo reel into the casting director.
What did you do prior to joining Feld Entertainment? I performed with different production companies in ice shows including Royal Caribbean and Holiday on Ice.

Hometown Information
Where did you grow up?  Sacramento, California and Sun Valley, Idaho
What high school/college did you attend? If applicable, what degree did you receive?   
The University of California, Davis with a degree in Psychology.
Disclosure: I am a Feld Family Ambassador, and in exchange for my time and efforts in attending shows and reporting my opinion within this blog, as well as keeping you advised of the latest discount offers, Feld Entertainment has provided me with complimentary tickets to Feld shows.  Even though I receive these benefits, I always give an opinion that is 100% mine.
About Feld Entertainment-Feld Entertainment® is the worldwide leader in producing and presenting live touring family entertainment experiences that bring people together and uplift the human spirit. Properties include Monster Jam®, Monster Energy Supercross, Disney On Ice, Disney Live!, Marvel Universe LIVE!, Sesame Street Live!, DreamWorks Trolls The Experience (coming Fall 2018) and Jurassic Live: The Real Dinosaurs (coming Fall 2019). Across the brand portfolio, Feld Entertainment has entertained millions of families in more than 75 countries and on six continents. Visit feldentertainment.com for more information.

Thank you for reading if you’ve enjoyed the content you’ve read above please share with your friends. www.BlogAboutItAll.com