Disney+ has confirmed the release date for Mandalorian Season 2, drum roll please for October 30th!!!  This is fantastic, I think it is perfect timing with the Halloween holiday weekend.  My boys and husband loved watching the first season of Mandalorian and they are super excited for Season 2.  

To celebrate the new season, I am going to share some Star Wars themed fun on the blog and doing a fun giveaway.  First up, I am sharing how to make easy Baby Yoda sugar Cookies, coming later this week I will share our DIY No Carve Baby Yoda Pumpkin and Baby Yoda Guacamole.  

Our giveaway will start Wednesday, October 28th, in celebration of the Mandalorian Season 2 Release I am teaming up with some fellow Disney loving friends over on Instagram for a fun giveaway, go check out my Instagram Stories on Wednesday for details on how to enter to win some Disney Magic @BlogAboutItAll.  Be sure to follow my friends for more Disney Inspired fun @JanelBerchielli, @KatiesAdventureBook, @LoveOfTheMagic, and @LizOnCall.

First up Baby Yoda Sugar Cookies, I've seen this cool hack on social media so I thought I would give it a try.  No need to go out and purchase a Baby Yoda Cookie Cutter, just use your Angel Cookie Cutter. Depending on how your Angel Cookie Cutter looks, I have seen some people who chopped off the Angel head making a rounded top in between the wings.  My Angel Cookie Cutter does not seem to need that, I have an older metal one, that I just shaped the head a little bit by pressing it down, I think this shape will work perfectly.  Of course once frosted with the brown and green is when it will really come together.  

Sugar Cookie Recipe

Ingredients:

3 1/4 cups of All-Purpose Flour

1 Teaspoon Baking Powder

1/2 Teaspoon Salt

1 Cup of Butter Softened

1 1/2 Cups of White Sugar

2 Eggs 

2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract

Directions:

1. Sift flour, baking powder, and salt together, set aside. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Gradually blend in the sifted ingredients until fully absorbed. Cover dough, and chill for 2 hours or overnight.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line cookie sheets with Parchment paper. On a clean surface sprinkle powdered sugar instead of the normal flour, roll out small portions of chilled dough to 1/4 inch thickness. Cut out shapes using cookie cutters.
3. Bake 6 to 8 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges are barely brown. Remove from cookie sheets to cool on wire racks.

Cookie Icing Recipe:

2 Tablespoon Softened Butter

2 Cups of Powdered Sugar

1 Teaspoon Vanilla

1-3 Tablespoons of Milk

2 Tablespoons of Corn Syrup

1-2 Drops of Food Coloring 

I used McCormick Neon Green for the green part of Yoda, and added 1 drop of regular green to get this green.  I used the Wilton Brown food coloring with a 1 drop of yellow to get this brown.  

Directions:

Beat the butter, vanilla and powdered sugar together until smooth.  Add in Milk a tablespoon at a time to get the consistency you like.  Add in the Corn Syrup then add in needed drops of food coloring, remember that the food coloring liquid will also make the icing thinner.  So add less of the milk if needed.  If it is too thin, you can always add in more powdered sugar to thicken. Decorate your cookies and let icing harden on parchment paper.  If you let the icing sit too long it will over thicken, just add more milk to soften.  


Thank you for reading if you’ve enjoyed the content you’ve read above please share with your friends.  Be sure to ENTER TO WIN some Disney magic over on my Instagram @BlogAboutItAll follow my fellow Instagram Disney friends for more Disney Mandalorian inspired fun @JanelBerchielli@KatiesAdventureBook@LoveOfTheMagic, and @LizOnCall.