Eggnog is kind of like cilantro, in the sense of, most people either hate it or love it.  I love eggnog, but since I have been eating Keto, I did not have any eggnog last year, so sad.  I was jumping for joy when I saw a variety of recipes popping up on my phone for Keto friendly versions of eggnog I decided to try to make it and put it to the test.

I LOVE this keto-friendly version!!!! Not sure where I saw it first, there are quite a few similar versions out there.  This definitely satisfies my eggnog cravings and allows me to enjoy the holiday flavors I felt I was missing.  

This was really easy to make, one thing required is patience, you have to let it sit overnight so there is waiting involved.  

Also I'm not sure about anyone else's experience, but my batch became super thick after sitting overnight, it was so thick like pudding, you will have to check out our YouTube video to see what I am talking about because I did not take a picture.  Here is the link to the video https://youtu.be/mfdn64iYBC0.

After seeing how thick it was I decided to add in a cup of Unsweetened Almond Milk and hope for the best and to my surprise, it worked and was still absolutely delicious.  

Recipe Ingredients

5 Egg Yolks

1/3 cup of sweetener of your choice, I used Swerve.

2 cups of Unsweetened Almond Milk

1 cup of Heavy Whipping Cream

1 teaspoon of nutmeg

1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

**1 cup of Unsweetened Almond Milk to add after you let mixture sit overnight in the refrigerator.

Directions:

1. Place five egg yolks in bowl. Add sweetener and mix.

2. Place Almond Milk, Heavy Whipping Cream, Nutmeg, Cinnamon and Vanilla in a saucepan and heat on medium heat, bring to a boil and remove once foam starts to form.

3. While Almond Milk mixture is still hot, pour a portion into the egg yolk bowl mixture, while mixing, so eggs do not scramble.  Add in more of the hot liquid, about half, stirring constantly.

4. Pour everything back into sauce pan and cook on medium heat while whisking until it reaches 160 degrees about 8-10 minutes.

5. Store in the refrigerator to chill overnight.  (You can strain the mixture if you like, I did not strain.)

6 After chilled, check consistency, mine was too thick almost like a pudding so I added in an additional one cup of Unsweetened Almond Milk.  Serve with a sprinkle of cinnamon, and/or whipped cream on top.  Delicious!






If you love eggnog I hope you will give this recipe a try this holiday season.  See you don't have to miss out while sticking with your healthier eating choices.  If you are not an eggnog fan, try it you may just like this version better than real eggnog.  I would love to hear what you think.  Thank you for reading if you've enjoyed the content you've read above please share with your friends.