During the summer months, I crave all the summer things, watermelon, agua frescas, and beach days! Since I am trying to eat low carb/keto I try and limit my watermelon intake because I could eat an entire watermelon by myself. I also had to try and make a low-carb keto-friendly Agua Fresca de Pepino which is a refreshing cucumber lime drink. 

This drink was super easy to make and taste just like a regular homemade Agua Fresca de Pepino. I also love this drink recipe because it calls for just a few ingredients.  

Ingredients:

3 Cucumbers

2 Lemons

4 Limes

1/2 to 1 Cup of Low Carb Sweetener of your choice

How to Make:

Peeling the cucumber is up to your liking, I peeled them about halfway, save 1/4 of one of the cumbers for garnish or feel free to use all three in the blender.

Juice the two lemons into the blender, use a strainer to keep the seeds out.

Cut the limes in half, and I also tried to cut off some of the skin, leaving some skin on.

Toss into the blender the chopped cucumbers and 4 limes add 1 cup of water and blend. I used my Ninja Blender which I love, it did a wonderful job of blending everything. 

In a pitcher pour in the strained blended cucumber, and lime juice, reserve some of the pulp, if you like pulp, you can add some back in. I added a  large spoonful of the pulp back in.

Add in 1/2 cup of low-carb sweetener of your choice.  I say start with a 1/2 cup and then increase to a cup depending on how sweet you like it. 

Add in 4 cups of water and 4 cups of ice, stir and serve!

I love Tajin, so I put Tajin on the outer rim of my mason jar.  Rubbed the rim of the mason jar with a lime and then dipped it into the Tajin, on a plate.   

A couple of notes, I was happy with using only 1/2 cup of the sweetener, but since this was also for my kiddos, they thought it was too tart and wanted it sweeter so I ended up using 1 cup of sweetener.

You could also use only limes, I just used the two lemons because I already had them on hand. I will say I think the lemon juice helps balance out the tartness when using limes only. 

This will definitely be my go-to drink all summer long, so easy to make and so refreshing. Pour me a glass of this low-carb Agua Fresca de Pepino alongside some keto-friendly tacos or fajitas and you will find one happy mama. 

You can see a video of this refreshing Agua Fresca de Pepino being made on our TikTok and on our Instagram