Do you love hummus? It is one of my favorite snacks! Here is an easy recipe for homemade hummus. This is a basic recipe for creamy hummus, you can always change it up by adding more spices, or roasted red pepper, you could add some avocado and cilantro. I love cilantro hummus! You could add some pumpkin puree, you could add beets, use this basic recipe as your base and have fun trying new flavors.

Ingredients:

1/4 cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil

1/4 cup of Tahini

1 can of Chickpeas or Garbanzo Beans

Minced Garlic

Juice of 1 Lemon

Salt, Paprika, and Cumin

2 Tablespoons of Chickpea Can Liquid

Fresh Parsley to Garnish

Drain and rinse your chickpeas, and save the liquid from the can. I have seen others boil the chickpeas, and even try to peel off the outside of the chickpeas. Honestly, in my opinion, that is not needed. This hummus is so creamy. If you want to see a video of it I have a video on my TikTok, Instagram, and YouTube

I use my NuWave blender to make this, but you can use a food processor or even a small Ninja Bullet blender, use whatever you have.

First blend the 1/4 cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 1/4 Cup of Tahini, and Minced garlic, I used two cloves, a sprinkle of Salt, Paprika, and Cumin, and the juice of a lemon. I found this Tahini at my local Walmart. You could add pepper, my husband doesn't like pepper so I don't use it often, or I'll add it to my serving. 

Once blended, add in your chickpeas, two ice cubes, and two tablespoons of the liquid from the chickpeas can. I don't know the science behind adding the ice cubes, I have just seen other people do that and that is how I have made it. I have never tried it without the ice cubes, because I love how creamy and delicious this turns out, it is not watery and is the perfect consistency. Blend everything into creamy goodness, scrape down the sides, taste, and see if you need more salt or any other spices. I also like to add a sprinkle of cumin, it gives it a smoky taste. 

Plate the creamy hummus and drizzle on top more Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Paprika, and chopped Parsley. I love eating this creamy hummus with the thin, crunchy pretzel crackers by Snack Factory, we get them at Costco or Sam's Club. If you plan on eating this hummus with salty pretzels, remember not to add too much salt to your hummus. We also love to eat this with sliced cucumbers and pita bread, I even have used warm tortillas, when I didn't have pita bread. 

This one-can recipe is perfect for our family of six to snack on, there are usually no leftovers. We recently had a party and doubled the recipe and it was plenty for about six families.