A friend of ours gave us some lemons from their lemon tree and with all the Valentines sweets swirling around I wanted something sweet and yet Keto friendly so I thought I would try making Lemon Keto Cookies.  

I Googled Keto Lemon Cookies and found a recipe by ButterTogetherKitchen which had great reviews.  I did not have all the exact ingredients so I modified with what I had on hand and they came out so scrumptious.  I was not sure they would turn out as soft and thick as the recipe I found since I was taking out quite a few things but I figured I would still try it.  

They turned out absolutely delicious!  They are thick, moist and had had the perfect amount of lemon flavor.  Even my husband who is not a big lemon fan, loved them!  

The recipe called for a mix of Almond Flour and Coconut Flour, I only had Almond Flour so I added more Almond Flour than originally called for.  I did not having baking soda so I swapped it out for baking powder.  The recipe also called for Xanthan Gum, which I did not have so I just left out.  
Ingredients:
2 1/2 cup Almond Flour
2 tsp Cream of tartar
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 cup Butter (1 stick)
3/4 cup GraciouSweet Sweetener (or choice of sweetener)
2 Eggs
Lemon Zest (I used the zest of one whole lemon)
1 tbsp Lemon Juice
I also used one squeeze of Liquid Sweetener I had on hand.  (Whole Earth Stevia & Monk Fruit)
Directions:
Preheat oven to 350F and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, mix together almond flour, cream of tartar, and baking powder.
In a separate bowl, using a mixer, cream together the butter, sweetener, eggs, lemon zest, and lemon juice.
Slowly mix in dry ingredients and combine to form dough.
I used a mini ice scream scoop to place cookies into 1-1 1/4" balls on the cookie sheet. Flatten balls slightly for desired shape and bake for 10-12 minutes.
The dough looked a little too moist, I thought about adding in more Almond Flour, so I decided that I would bake one cookie and see if it kept its shape or if it would spread too thin.  It cooked perfectly and kept its shape so I baked the rest.  I did not flatten them very much at all, just used my fingers to slightly press down.  

I did not calculate the exact carb count on this recipe, the recipe by ButterTogetherKitchen says her recipe is 1.25g Net Carbs.  As I am not super strict on my carb counts I am happy with using that as a rough estimate.   



By the way the GraciouSweet sweetener was in a swag bag I received at a NorCal Keto Meetup you can read about that here.  I love this Keto-Friendly sweetener, it tastes delicious and bakes well.  Other sweeteners I have tried have an aftertaste and some of them don't translate well in baking recipes.  This one by GraciouSweet worked perfectly.  

The beautiful white basket my lemons are in and the white tray that all my ingredients are pictured in are from Rodworks.  They have a variety of beautiful home decor.  I was gifted these pieces at a blogger event Connect, Create and Celebrate you can read about that here

Thank you for reading if you’ve enjoyed the content you’ve read above please share with your friends.