On my recent trip to Disneyland and California Adventure I made it my goal to stick with my Keto eating lifestyle.  For the most part I have made Keto eating a lifestyle over the past year and not a diet.  I will admit I am not strict Keto and there are times when I choose to eat certain things that are not Keto.  
In this season of my life I have made it a goal of mine to be in control of my eating, and not allow food or experiences dictate to me how I will eat.  Sugar and carbohydrates for me are like a drug and I have made it my life mission to eliminate sugar and bread from my life.  With that being said, I do sometimes eat onion rings, and other non-keto items, I eat condiments in moderation.  At home I have my favorite Keto condiments but on vacation, I already travel with so many supplements, vitamins, collagen powder that I just can't see myself taking my entire Keto kitchen on the road.  For me personally sugar is my weak spot, I have had a sweet tooth all my life, I figured if I could make it without giving in to my sugar cravings at the Happiest Place on Earth I would see this trip as a win.  
The Happiest Place on Earth is famous for all the delicious treats!  I like millions of others love their famous Dole Whip, Mickey Beignets, Churros, Mickey shaped pretzels and all the sweet Disney themed treats.  

I am extremely grateful the Disney Parks allow you to bring in food and snacks.  I brought my favorite Ketofit Bar, peanuts and one of my new favorite snacks Quest Protein Chips.  

Another great thing about the Disney Parks is they have a lot of healthy options, Keto options like their giant pickles, mini Babybel cheese, veggie cups and more.  You can find healthy snack options throughout the park, a great spot at California Adventure is to your right as you are entering Cars Land pictured below Taste-In. 

Even for your kiddos, they have cuties, fresh fruit and real food options so they are not just filling up on cotton candy and ice cream.  I love real food options available at theme parks.



During our visit at California Adventure the Lunar New Year Celebration was taking place.  They had a variety of delicious foods and treats inspired by China, Korea and Japan, everything smelled amazing.  I had the Firecracker Wings, again I was not concerned about being overly strict, so I left the sauce on these.  They were spicy and delicious.  You receive four wings for $7.50 and it was a perfect mid-day meal.  I purchased mine at the Red Dragon Spice Traders Food Stand, they do mobile ordering which is so convenient.  Skip the lines and mobile order whenever you can!  The Red Dragon Spice Traders Stand is across the way from the Little Mermaid ride. 

This was a quick trip so we did not plan on restaurant reservations on this visit, we planned on eating quick service meals.  If you plan a visit in the future during the Lunar New Year Celebration be sure to check out their Sip and Savor Pass, you are given six tabs that can be traded in for a food or non-alcoholic beverage item at any of the participating marketplaces.  This is a great way to sample all of the delicious treats and/or save money if you are visiting with a group of friends or family.   I believe the Sip and Savor Pass was $42 including tax.


We watched the Broadway style Frozen at Hyperion Theater and during the show I wanted to buy popcorn, but I opted to snack on my peanuts.  This was my first time attending this show and I loved it!  The chairs were comfortable and while during our visit it was cool, this is a great spot to cool off during the warmer months.
For Dinner I had the Grilled Chicken Salad at Smokejumpers Grill near the Soarin' Around the World attraction.  The salad had a delicious avocado dressing, I took off the three large croutons, and added onions from their condiments bar.  This salad was huge and satisfying.  Next time I will also ask to leave the corn and black beans off, but I just pushed them to the side, it was not a problem.  You could also get a burger without a bun here.  My sister got a big bacon cheeseburger and they do not skimp on the meat.


If the salad at Smokejumpers Grill did not look appealing I was going to get a salad or lettuce wrapped burger at Flo's V8 Cafe.  The salad at Flo's comes with hard-boiled eggs, it is a Cobb Salad and is a great option as well.
I also wanted to try the chicken skewers at the Craftsman Grill (the small cafe near the swimming pool) at the Grand Californian Hotel.  You do not have to be a guest to eat here, you go through security eat at the restaurant and then go through security to enter back into the parks.  This Disney Hotel has a private entrance right into California Adventure. You can find the entrance in between Soarin' and Grizzly River Run.  Craftsman Grill also has salads and Beef and Veggie skewers.  You will also find quick, healthy grab and go options at Craftsman Grill.  We have eaten here before with our kiddos, they give a really large serving of mini corn-dogs and fries as well as a large serving of chicken nuggets and fries. Two kids can easily share the chicken nugget platter and still have leftovers.  The chicken nuggets are not on their menu, if you ask they will make them for you (secret menu item).  That's another great tip, if you want to try something new on a Disney Parks visit, ask the cast members if there are any secret menu items or new dishes to try.  While we have our favorite spots, I am always up for a great recommendation. 





I ended up not being that hungry, between the Firecracker Wings, my Ketosnacks and the giant grilled chicken salad there was no way I could eat anything else.  
Sticking with your Keto eating lifestyle while at the Disney parks is very doable and I am looking forward to my next visit to find and try more Keto food items.  I am very impressed with how many places are aware and mindful of all types of eating plans (Vegan, Gluten Free, and those with Food-Allergies) they really do aim to provide healthy eating options. If you are Gluten-Free check out my friend's Janel Berchielli blog, she shares gluten-free Disney eats and all things Disney.

You could also eat one of the Jumbo Turkey Legs, I've had these before, they are huge and totally shareable. 
Another great place to eat Keto or low-carb would be Hot Dogs without a bun at Angry Dogs in Pixar Pier near the Pixar Pal-A-Round Wheel.  Depending on which hot dog you order some come with grilled peppers and onions, yum!  Next to Angry Dogs another Keto option is chicken from Poultry Palace.  
I am looking forward to my next visit and trying some more of the Keto-friendly food options, the Disney parks have quite a few to choose from.  

One thing I wish Disney California Adventure would change is install water refilling stations.  Disneyland has them, but none at California Adventure.  You can ask any restaurant for a cup of ice water, I would be so grateful to be able to refill my on my own, I drink a lot of water.

Thank you for reading if you’ve enjoyed the content you’ve read above please share with your friends. www.BlogAboutItAll.com.