My sister and I took a girls trip to the Happiest Place on Earth, Disneyland! Even though I was on vacation, I made it my goal to stick with my Keto eating lifestyle.  I am so proud of myself for not caving in while being surrounded by all the Disney famous treats Dole Whip, Mickey Beignets, Churros, Mickey shaped pretzels and all the sweet Disney themed treats.  
I cannot say that I will never indulge, because I have, but I have worked on changing my mindset when it comes to food.  I have yo-yo dieted for too long, and kind of was forced into sticking with it this time with some recent health issues.  After seeing how much eating the wrong stuff affects my body, Keto and low carb eating has become a way of life for me.  It is a process and journey, I think everyone has to discover for themselves what will work for the long term.  Again my health has been a huge motivator, I know I hate dealing with inflammation and joint pain as a result of eating the wrong stuff.  So I have had to be mindful of how my body feels with what I eat.   

Disney parks allow you to bring food and snack items into the parks which is a huge benefit if you are watching what you are eating or have food allergies.  If your hotel has a mini fridge you can have your favorite keto and low carb items readily available.  Be sure to check if the hotel you are staying at has Amazon lockers, that is a great way to save money too.  You can have delivered to your hotel water bottles, string cheese, pickles, peanuts.  I would have Quest Protein Chips, Heavy Whip or Almond Milk for my morning coffee.   

You will find quite a variety of healthy options at the Disney Parks, Keto options like their giant pickles, veggie cups, mini Babybel cheese and more.  
This was a quick trip so we did not do restaurant reservations on this visit, we planned on eating quick service meals.  

At Disneyland I started my morning with a Keto drink at the Disneyland Starbucks, I'm not a big breakfast eater to begin with, but they do have Keto Breakfast options in the parks.  At the Disneyland Starbucks you can find bacon and egg and sausage sandwiches just take off the bread.  While at the Disneyland Starbucks be sure to pick up the old time phones, there are special greetings you will hear.  

You can also find eggs, bacon, and Keto breakfast options at Jolly Holiday and Carnation Cafe.  If you are with your family and want to do a character breakfast, Plaza Inn does Minnie and Friends, they have a breakfast buffet, you can load up on eggs and bacon and your family can still enjoy Mickey waffles and pictures with their favorite Disney characters.  You can even have an omelette made for you. You must make reservations ahead of time to enjoy the Character breakfast. 

For lunch I had the Banyan Beef Skewer and a Safari Skewer which is bacon wrapped asparagus from Bengal Barbecue across from the Indiana Jones and Jungle Cruise rides.  I mobile ordered which I absolutely love! We bypassed the line and had our food in less than five minutes.  Even on a mobile order I was able to select sauce on the side.  These two skewers were the perfect Keto lunch time snack.  I felt satisfied and we continued on our day.  


Some other Keto options are available at Pizza Planet, they have a variety of salads.  We always go to Pizza Planet, it's my boys favorite place.  You could request a lettuce wrapped burger at Galactic Grill. Blue Bayou has roasted chicken, fish and other meat options.  Rancho del Zocalo has roasted chicken, and carne asada.  Remember to ask for substitutions when needed.  Plaza Inn is famous for their fried chicken, it comes with green beans and mashed potatoes, you can ask for double green beans instead of the mashed potatoes.  


You can also check out the Bratwurst Sausage at Troubadour Tavern, the Pastrami burger at Red Rose Tavern, you can also get a lettuce wrapped burger here.  Daisy's Diner has a Chicken Cobb Salad.  Star War's Galaxy's Edge at Docking Bay 7 has the Endorian Roasted Chicken salad, just order it without the quinoa.  Ronto Roasters has the Ronto Wrap which is a grilled sausage wrapped in a pita, just toss the pita wrap and your good to go.  While visiting Star Wars Galaxy's Edge be sure to pick up a Diet Coke Thermal Detonator.  I love these, a souvenir and drink in one.  There was a TSA ban on these, I asked a Disney cast member and she told me the ban had been lifted.  I successfully traveled home with my Thermal Detonator, empty of course.
For Dinner we ate at Hungry Bear in Critter Country, near the Winnie the Pooh ride and Splash Mountain, this is one of my favorite places to eat with kiddos, they have great kids meals.  They also have mobile ordering at this location.  We opted to just get in line as there was only one other person in front of us.  I ordered a lettuce wrapped bacon double cheeseburger and opted for the onion rings instead of fries.  Again that was the biggest splurge I did my entire trip.  You could opt for the coleslaw or possibly ask to swap for a side salad or grilled onions.  
I wanted to buy a pickle but after eating my peanuts and Ketofit Bar, was not hungry.  You can also find giant Turkey Legs.  While I am sure they probably have sugar in the brine, I still feel this is a great option especially if you share it.  

Another Keto-Friendly restaurant to keep in mind is Tortilla Jo's located in Downtown Disney.  We usually plan to spend some time shopping and browsing Downtown Disney either the day we arrive in town or the day we are leaving.  Tortilla Jo's has a quick service window for to go and quick meals outside, they serve bowls, which are perfect for Keto eating.  On this trip we had time to waste before our flight left so we went into the restaurant and they were very accommodating.  I explained that I was looking for something Keto and my waitress suggested the Pork Carnitas plate, Since I requested no rice and beans she kindly offered if I would like a side of grilled veggies.  I am so grateful, it came with spinach, zucchini, and grilled onions.  This plate was huge, satisfying and delicious.  If you are staying at the Disneyland Hotel which is right by Downtown Disney or even at the Grand Californian, this would be a convenient place to eat at on your way back to your hotel.  Eating inside the restaurant is going to be more expensive so if you are trying to stick to a budget, I recommend eating outside at the Quick Service Taqueria Window.  There is plenty of seating outside.  I actually saw this option at quite a few restaurants in the Downtown Disney District.  



One thing I wish I would have brought into Disneyland is a reusable collapsible water container.  At Disneyland they have water refilling stations and we chatted with a couple who had these really cool silicone reusable water containers.  I drink a lot of water, so this is a necessity next time.  You can ask for water from any of the restaurants and they will give you a free cup of water and ice which I did a few times, a reusable water bottle would have been better.  There are no water refilling stations at California Adventure, I hope they change that soon.

Sticking with your Keto eating lifestyle while at the Disney parks is very doable and I am looking forward to my next visit to find and try more Keto food items.  I am very impressed with how many places are aware and mindful of all types of eating plans (Vegan, Gluten Free, and those with Food-Allergies) they really do aim to provide healthy eating options. If you are Gluten-Free check out my friend's Janel Berchielli blog, she shares gluten-free Disney eats and all things Disney.

Thank you for reading if you’ve enjoyed the content you’ve read above please share with your friends. www.BlogAboutItAll.com.