I promise my blog site will not become a Keto website, but many people have contacted me asking questions and for help along their journey.  The easiest place for me to share what I have learned with numerous people is here, so hopefully you will bear with me over the next few days and weeks you may see a lot of "Keto" related posts.  I promise though that is not all I will be blogging about.  

One thing that has helped me along my journey is "community".  I have spoken to many people about Keto, about being Vegan, about their Paleo journey, Mediterranean Style eating and many others.  I am hoping to have a guest blog post from one of my Vegan friends soon.  I have been wanting her to share her journey for awhile because I think it's important to hear different perspectives on food and the food industry so we can be better informed and make healthier choices.  As well as I find for myself as I have dug into what works for others and discovered "why" they eat that way it has changed the way I look at food and changed the relationship I have with food. 

Learning from others is key in every area of life.  Finding your "community" is so important.  That can be your local "mom community", "blogger community", "Keto community".   Asking for tips and tricks, finding out what worked for them, where they find recipes, finding out about their favorite products, learning about their favorite restaurants all of these things have helped me along my journey.  

It is important to surround yourself with people who will understand your new way of eating and encourage you along the way.  

I want to give a huge shout out to @keto.isabella who created @NorCalKetoMeetUp.  In attending her recent event I learned about a lot of Keto friendly products.  I met a lot of great people, it is nice to follow Keto people on social media who share their transformation stories and what works for them which will help me as I continue on my journey.  I have a Keto saved Story section on my Instagram @blogaboutitall you can see some clips from the event as well as learn about some of the great products we received in our swag bags.  
Through the NorCalKetoMeetUp I discovered The Boxing Donkey a local restaurant.  I learned the Chef and some of the Staff eat a Keto Lifestyle and The Boxing Donkey has a Keto friendly Menu.  We ordered the Keto Garlic Parmesan Wings and the Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf with green beans. There was a delicious white gravy on top of the meatloaf with mushrooms.  The portion was huge, easily shareable. The wings were delicious. I'm excited to go back soon and try the cauliflower Mac n Cheese.  I hear they have a Keto Chocolate Cake too.  The Boxing Donkey is located in Roseville at 300 Lincoln Street. You can follow them on Instagram @Boxing_Donkey.

If you are a local here to Sacramento be sure and follow the NorCalKetoMeetUp page to learn of the next upcoming event.  It would be a great way for you to connect with others along the same journey.  

I was also going to mention ask other people for help. I am not a big Keto baker, up until recently I did not purchase almond flour, and some of the other sweeteners, many recipes will call for ingredients you never heard of.  So ask around what do your Keto friends make.  I have a friend who makes a delicious Keto chocolate cake with zucchini.  I asked her to make her Keto cake so I would have a dessert to take to the meetup.  As mentioned in a previous post up until recently I have kept my need for dessert to berries and whip cream.  My brother-in-law introduced us to a homemade Keto Pizza as well as the "chaffle".  Do you want to save money while eating healthy?  Go follow Diana @PantryOverflow, she shares coupons and money saving tips while eating Keto.  There are Facebook Groups you can join and find out if there is a Keto Meetup near your city.  That is what I love about community, let's learn from one another and cheer each other on!
Thank you for reading if you’ve enjoyed the content you’ve read above please share with your friends. www.BlogAboutItAll.com.