I wanted to share some tips to help you stick to your Keto eating lifestyle while eating out.  We all enjoy eating out, no meal prep and no clean-up.  It is important to have a plan thought through because you will be invited to birthday dinners, business meetings at restaurants and more.  I hate going out to eat and thinking my only option is to order a salad.  

Especially if I am going to a restaurant that is new to me or one I do not frequent often, its always a good idea check to see if they have a menu online.  The next place I check is their Instagram page.  Who doesn't seeing food in pictures and knowing exactly what a menu item will look like before we order it?  Knowing the menu ahead of time can help you plan and prepare properly.  For example if I am not too excited about the menu, but I have to go to that establishment for a gathering or a meeting then I know to eat something at home before I head there, so I will not be starving if I just order a small salad another tip take some Keto-friendly snacks, like nuts or string cheese on the drive over, again this helps so you are not super hungry and then you won't feel deprived with a small salad.  I also will drink water before I arrive so I feel fuller before I eat.  

Ask for dressings and sauces on the side.  I have not always done this.  When I first began I did not.  Asking for the dressings and sauces on the side are helpful if you can.  So many dressings and sauces have a lot of sugar in them as well as many establishments are excessive with dressings and sauces.  With the dressings and sauces on the side you can lightly dip your fork in or lightly drizzle a little over your meal, still, enjoy the flavor without the excess. 
If you are going to a Mexican Restaurant take pork rinds with you!  I do this all the time so I can enjoy "chips and salsa" but with pork rinds which are low carb and Keto friendly.  You can even dip the pork rinds in guacamole, or if someone orders nachos that are shareable, many times you can pick off some of the nacho toppings and extra cheese on the side put it on a pork rind and satisfy that nacho craving.   

Ask to swap out a starchy side for extra veggies or a side salad or some Keto-friendly alternative.  Most establishments are happy to swap out an item at no extra cost to you.

If you are just beginning and bread is a temptation, ask the server to take the bread basket away or just pass as soon as they bring it.  In January when I committed to being more strict, that is one thing I started, "no bread please".  Now, later in my journey if there is a bread basket at the table it is no temptation because I have noticed how I feel after having even just a slice, that I no longer desire it.  
Remember portion control.  This is something I had to work on.  Being raised to clean your entire plate and not "waste" food I used to feel compelled to finish all my food.  I have learned now if the portions are larger, it is perfectly okay to save some and have a to-go box for leftovers or even throw it out.  I have learned to prioritize my health and the way I feel even if that means I spend a little more money or "waste" food.  I owe more to my health and it's important to listen to your body and care for it. 

If there are no grilled meat options (again this may depend on you and your goals) I would allow items like breaded Chicken Tenders, or I would swap out french fries for Fried Zucchini or Onion Rings, again they are not on my eating plan and I would not do that weekly but for me once in a while that was manageable.  We would visit Outback Steakhouse and I know the Bloomin Onion is not low carb at all but again I would share it and have some.  I think we have been to Outback twice the entire year, so for me, I'm okay with that as a rare exception and not routine.   

Here are a list of restaurants we enjoy and still stick to our Keto Low Carb Eating Lifestyle

Mexican - We eat Mexican a lot, remember your pork rinds.  Taco Salads minus the shell, Fajitas minus the tortillas.  Don't eat beans and rice.  
Casa Ramos in Natomas or Rancho Cordova, try their Monterey Shrimp (Bacon Wrapped Shrimp covered in cheese), so delicious.  
La Fiesta Altena in Folsom or Midtown
Kikos on Arden Way
El Pollo Feliz in North Highlands has a great Fajita Salad
El Tapatio on Sunrise Blvd. the Fajita skillet is giant!  Plenty of meat, peppers and onions. 
Chandos Tacos - They have Tacos with Cheese Shells
Rubios - Every taco can be ordered with their Keto-Friendly Cheese Shell, I like the Salsa Verde Shrimp and Grilled Mahi Mahi.
Chipotle - Bowls with no rice. 
El Pollo Loco - Bowls or Chicken


Brazilian Steak Houses are a great option!!! Unlimited Meat!!!!
Flame & Fire Brazilian Steak House-located in Roseville
Brisas do sol Brazilian Steakhouse-located in Folsom Palladio, 380 Palladio Parkway.
These places also have a salad bar with many low carb/keto-friendly options.

Burgers
In-N-Out - Protein Style Hamburgers
Carl's Jr. - They do the best fast food protein style burgers, lots of lettuce. 
Squeeze Burger - They do Cheese Skirt Taco Shells
The Habit Burger Grill 
Red Robin - you can ask for your burger to be protein style, you can substitute steamed broccoli for the fries, you can even substitute with bottomless salad.  They also have salads, chicken options and more you can customize. 

Pizza Options
Campelli's in Roseville offers a Keto crust option.  
Pieology has a cauliflower crust option.
Pizza Factory has a cauliflower crust option. 
Mod Pizza
Blaze

Greek Food - we love!  You can empty out a gyro, you can many times get those flavors you are craving over a salad.  You can always order a plate of meat and then a side salad.  
We love Wally's Cafe in Roseville, Sal's Kabob & Gyro Grill, Daphne's and Extreme Hummus in Antelope.

Dine-In Restaurants
At Boxing Donkey they have a Keto menu (Buffalo Chicken Cauli n' Cheese, Loaded Brussels Sprouts, Cauliflower Mac n' Cheese, Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf, Chocolate Peanut Butter Lava Cake and more.)
Cheesecake Factory - I love once in a while because they have low carb cheesecake, it's nice to be able to enjoy dessert at a restaurant.    
Red Lobster - I love going when they do their unlimited shrimp.  
Outback Steakhouse - steak, veggies, salad and they also do unlimited shrimp at times.
Lazy Dog 
Tahoe Joe’s - we love to go here for steak and veggies.
Buckhorn Grill - great meat options, I love their jalapeno poppers, they are bacon-wrapped, no breading, not fried, totally keto-friendly.  

Wings 
Buffalo Wild Wings
Wingstop
Firewings

Salad Bars
Sizzler Salad Bar
Johns Incredible Pizza-They actually have a great salad bar and I consider this place great to take the entire family, the kids get pizza and I enjoy an unlimited salad bar.  

Do you have a favorite Keto or Low Carb dish at a restaurant, I would love to hear about it e-mail me at theblogaboutitall@gmail.com.

Thank you for reading if you’ve enjoyed the content you’ve read above please share with your friends. www.BlogAboutItAll.com.