Fall, all things pumpkin spiced and Halloween are right around the corner.  Although many parts of the United States are still dealing with shelter in place orders, and the Covid-19 Pandemic there are still creative ways to make Fall memories and have fun with our families.  

Life is too short and our littles are growing up fast, I will not skip out on holiday fun.  I have always been a fan of Trunk-or-Treats, even before Covid-19, it is one of my Fall favorites.  We actually have not taken our kids trick-or-treating, we usually celebrate at larger events, Harvest Festivals and Trunk-or-Treat Events. 

We see more and more homes decorating for Halloween, Party City is your one stop shop for all things Halloween!  They have affordable decorations, costumes for all ages and everything you need to create a Trunk-or-Treat or Halloween Parade.  

I think a Trunk or Treat event is a great option this year, it is held outdoors and can easily accommodate social distancing.  I have mostly seen Trunk-or-Treat events hosted by schools, churches and other community groups, I sure do hope that I will see them around this year. 

Even if there is not an organized Trunk-or-Treat near you, I think this is a great way for a community or even if you have family and friends nearby who want to participate and celebrate this Halloween, create your own Trunk-or-Treat.

What you do is decorate the Trunk of your vehicle in a theme!  We have done a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Theme, a Football Theme, this year we are doing a Pirate Theme, there are so many ideas to choose from.  Need some theme ideas check out this blog post.  

https://bit.ly/3gYQhXe

Typically you would hand out candy from your decorated Trunk, there would be multiple participating vehicles in a well lit parking lot.  You can simply hand out candy or have a small carnival type game.  With social distancing in mind, you may just want to set out a bowl, caldron, or container for each person to grab their own candy.  We are using this Inflatable Pirate Ship we bought online at Party City it goes perfectly with our theme. https://bit.ly/3kzdGAF

Masks should be covered since everyone will be in costume!  Have you heard of progressive dinners, where you drive from house to house for different parts of the meal?  This would be fun to do with your family and friends Halloween style, people you may have already been around during these past months would be willing to host a trunk.  This enables your kids to still participate in trick-or-treating but in safe manner.  

I hope our church hosts a Trunk-or-Treat but if not, I plan on setting up my trunk, putting on my pirate hat, placing my lawn chairs in the front yard and having candy ready for my kiddos, nieces and nephews and any others I see out and about.  


Thanks to Party City, the one stop shop for all things Halloween, creating our Pirate themed Trunk-or-Treat was easy and affordable.  Yo Ho Ho, Party City has same day delivery and curbside pick up available as well!  Visit your local Party City or shop conveniently online PartyCity.com.


Disclosure: This post is a sponsored collaboration, I was compensated in exchange for my time and efforts in reporting my opinion within this blog. Although I receive these benefits, I always give an opinion that is 100% mine.
I am extremely grateful when you support by blog and my social shares with likes and comments. Your support enables me to receive these benefits. I love sharing great services/products with you.  Thank you for reading if you’ve enjoyed the content you’ve read above please share with your friends.  BlogAboutItAll.com