Disclosure: I am a Feld Family Ambassador, and in exchange for my time and efforts in attending shows and reporting my opinion within this blog, as well as keeping you advised of the latest discount offers, Feld Entertainment has provided me with complimentary tickets to Feld shows.  Even though I receive these benefits, I always give an opinion that is 100% mine.

Our family absolutely loves all things Disney! Disney on Ice is one of our favorite shows, I mean come on it is the Disney Magic being brought right to our hometown.  While I am super excited about Disney on Ice coming to Sacramento October 28-31, 2021, I was extremely disappointed in the Golden 1 Center requiring Vaccination cards and/or Covid-19 testing, I think its completely ridiculous especially for young children.  

As far as the Disney on Ice show "Let's Celebrate" it is wonderful.  You get to see more than 50 beloved characters Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Donald Duck, Goofy and featuring an ensemble of Disney Princesses including Cinderella, Rapunzel, Ariel, Snow White and Tiana. The wintry wonderland of Disney’s Frozen comes to life with Anna, Elsa, and the hilarious Olaf.  Exciting moments from Disney•Pixar’s Finding Dory, Disney’s Aladdin and Beauty and the Beast will leave the whole family with memories to last a lifetime.

My personal favorites from the Let's Celebrate show were Mulan and The Lion King! My son said his favorites were Toy Story and Aladdin. Tickets are on sale now for Friday, October 29th 7 PM show, Saturday, October 30th, 11 AM, 3 PM and 7 PM and Sunday, October 31st 11 AM and 3 PM.


Disney on Ice always does an amazing job of bringing to life our favorite Disney characters.  Even as a grown up I love singing along to all the Disney songs.  It is a wonderful time for parents to enjoy time with their children, step away from the hustle and bustle of life and just enjoy our kids being kids.  I love seeing my kids eyes light up as our beloved Disney characters take the ice.  The dancing, music, choreography and costumes always amaze me. 

Hearing all the people in the arena sing a long to Disney songs, brings such joy to my heart. Seeing all the little kids attend in costume, little girls dressed as their favorite Disney princess and little boys in their Buzz Lightyear and Woody costumes, it is so fun, I absolutely love it. If you would like to see some glimpses of the Disney on Ice Let's Celebrate Show, go check out my Instagram Stories and follow on Facebook and TikTok for more.  

You can catch the Disney on Ice Let's Celebrate Show now through Sunday, October 31st, purchase tickets at Ticketmaster.com.  To save 20% off tickets use the Discount Code: 2XDOIK. You can reserve parking for Disney on Ice at Reserve.SacPark.org or on SpotHero.com, we found nearby parking for $11 on the SpotHero App.

I do appreciate the paperless tickets and how convenient it is to scan in your tickets with the touchless pedestals.  I love anytime I can use mobile ordering and cashless purchasing of food and beverages, that is a huge plus. 

Another favorite is the Bottomless Beverage cup, for only $10, you get unlimited soda refills in a Disney Souvenir Cup, definitely a great buy for families. Popcorn that came with a Mickey Bucket was $18, snow cones served in character cups were $14-$18.  Cotton Candy was $15 they also had light up wands, bubble sticks and a variety of Disney Merch available to purchase.




The only negative part about this event is the health and safety protocols Golden 1 Center has implemented. I just have to be honest as a mom of four children, in my opinion it is too much.  Also so you know before you go, they have a no bag policy.  Only clutches and wallets smaller than 8"x6"x1" are allowed.  There are now kind of two security points, first as you are walking up, there is a checkpoint, they ask to see your vaccination card and photo ID, and/or your Negative Covid-19 Test Result.  Then you proceed to go through the metal detectors and then scan your tickets at the doors. I had the e-mail results of Covid-19 test on my phone, you must also have your mask.  You can read the full health and safety requirements here.

It is quite a hassle to schedule testing for multiple children, hope and pray the results come back in time for an event, or pay the additional fee for a rapid test through Golden 1 on top of paying for parking, food, souvenirs and everything else. This policy is just not family friendly at all.  I understand that we are dealing with Corona Virus, and I am totally okay with the reminders to all "if you have any symptoms please stay home".  I do not agree with events and businesses being the watchdog, and requiring proof of a negative test. I really would have hoped that Golden 1 Center at the very least would have geared these requirements for adults 18+ and not for children. They should seriously reconsider these requirements especially for events that are geared towards families with young children. I hope ticket sales go well for them, even with the requirements, because ultimately I love that events are returning.  

I shared with my children the requirements of Golden 1 Center to attend Disney on Ice and gave them the choice if they wanted to be tested.  Three of my four kiddos immediately said yes, they were willing to be tested because they really wanted to go.  One said they were going to pass. I scheduled the appointments for testing and once we arrived, two of the three started having second thoughts.  Only one of our children has ever had to be tested, my youngest had a medical procedure he went in for earlier this year and it was required. He cried and hated it, that is why I was surprised that he agreed to testing this time, but he obviously really wanted to go to Disney on Ice. 

Well at testing, only one of the three completed the test.  My youngest got through half of it, did the first nostril, but was in tears and wouldn't sit still for the second half to be done. He was so sad that he was not able to attend Disney on Ice and so am I.  

Myself, grandma who is vaccinated and one of my four children who made it through the testing attended the show.  We made the most of it, of course we loved the show, but it was not the same with my other three sons missing out.  

Maybe your children have been tested before and do well with it.  I have watched videos of kiddos who do great with the testing, no issues at all.  I showed my children some of those videos of kids handling it super easy in hopes that I could help prepare them ahead of time, but nope that did not work. 

After this experience with Covid-19 testing and all, I am not confident that my children will be able to attend future events with these requirements, especially my youngest. I am actually quite concerned because we have already purchased tickets for our family to attend a Golden 1 Center concert in February. We will have to revisit this situation again. 

I love supporting the Golden 1 Center, the Sacramento Kings and all events in our city.  I will still continue to share all upcoming events on my blog, because again I love sharing family fun events with you.  You have to decide what is best for your family and what works for you.  

Thank you for reading, I hope you appreciate my honest opinion and as always I am extremely grateful for the opportunities and benefits our family receives as a result of sharing our experiences here on my blog.  I am extremely grateful for each and every one of you who follows me on social media and supports with likes, comments and shares. If you would like to see some glimpses of the Disney on Ice Let's Celebrate Show, go check out my Instagram Stories and follow on Facebook and TikTok for more. 

I would also love to hear from you, are you attending Disney on Ice? How was your experience, how did testing go for your family? Do these extra protocols make you feel safer in attending events? Do these extra protocols detour you from attending events? I am curious and welcome all feedback, feel free to e-mail me at theblogaboutitall.com