National Teacher Appreciation Day is Tuesday of the first full week in May, the entire week is celebrated as Teacher Appreciation Week.  This year it is celebrated May 6th through May 10th. I meant to do a blog post earlier, but life happens so here it is now.  

This year I am not crafting any DIY gift as I have done in years past.  I will link those previous posts below.  They are easy to make and something you could make this weekend.  This year I worked with the school administrator and we planned something for each day of the week.  


We sent home a note asking all families to participate in the following actions.  Monday bring in something homemade (crafty or baked), on Tuesday we the parents will provide breakfast on site for all the teachers, on Wednesday we are writing a card or note, on Thursday is bring your teacher something earthy (plant, flowers, fruit) and on Friday we the parents are providing lunch for the teachers.  

If you don't have anything planned, you can always bless your kids' teachers with Gift Cards, I personally think that is the best gift, cash/gift cards.  I am sure they receive plenty of mugs and teacher labeled gifts.  Although if you are local, I did spot some really cute Teacher themed gifts at Charming Charlie across from the Galleria Mall at The Fountains in Roseville, CA.  


It really is the thought that counts.  Teacher's work so hard to invest in our children, so at the very least have your child write a thank you note, draw a picture, or list the what they love and appreciate about their teacher.   

Teachers are such a gift I am sure you know they are some of the hardest working people, just like a mom's work never ends, it is the same for teachers. I frequently see them grading, and planning on their lunch break, taking home more work that needs to be done after hours.  



I love that we have designated weeks and days it is a great reminder to stop and honor those special people in our lives.  Plan for Teachers Appreciation Week it helps if you budget to give gifts throughout the year, it makes gift giving easier if it's planned.

Last year I organized a breakfast and lunch as well and below are some pictures.  My mother-in-law made the beautiful apple shaped cookies for me.  I did a Mexican themed lunch, but you could also keep it simple and do sub-sandwiches, or a soup and salad bar.  You could even do desserts or ice cream sundaes for them to enjoy.



Here are some DIY ideas I've made in years past. 
DIY Pencil Holder and DIY Succulent Mason Jars http://bit.ly/2LdZj73


DIY Crayon Wreath http://bit.ly/2DGwwSB
Thank you for reading if you’ve enjoyed the content you’ve read above please share with your friends.