I saw a post on our local Antelope Community Facebook Page about a community Garden, if you are on Facebook, I encourage you to join your local community page it is a great way to find out about local events and know what is happening in your community.  

Then I was at my son's soccer practice at Wilson C. Riles Middle School, and I was able to check out the community garden in person.  I did not realize it is so close, right on the corner of Walerga and PFE Road.  What a great way to meet your neighbors, learn about gardening and go home with fresh fruits and veggies.

This community garden was started by Antelope Springs Church, they are having an open house on Friday, September 7th, you are invited between 6 and 8 p.m. to tour the garden and let them know how you want to get involved! Refreshments will be available while supplies last. Email any questions to garden@antelopespringschurch.org.

I was able to chat with two gentlemen, who were out there working in the garden, Luis, who started the garden and a local volunteer. They welcome you to volunteer to help water and plant. They have a ton of garden boxes, as well as fruit trees.  

They kindly sent me home with cherry tomatoes, tomatillos, and a delicious cantaloupe.  This cantaloupe was so sweet and juicy.  I love garden fresh fruit and veggies.

Maybe you are a pro-Gardner and you can lend your skills, maybe you don't know anything about gardening but you can help water and learn while you're at it.

Our family made our own garden a couple of years ago and we loved it, then came the California drought and we haven't gardened since, but after seeing their set up it makes me want to put my gardening gloves on.

I hope to see you out at the community garden sometime! My boys sure enjoyed helping water the garden while big brother was at soccer practice.  This is a great way to pass the time for the many soccer families that are at Wilson C. Riles all week long.  Check it out, volunteer, and enjoy the fruits of your labor. 

Thank you for reading if you’ve enjoyed the content you’ve read above please share with your friends. www.BlogAboutItAll.com.