I hopped on the Dalgona Coffee craze that has taken the internet and social media by storm.  I had seen so many pictures of this gorgeous, fluffy, coffee goodness piled on top of milk, I just had to try and whip some up.
As a Keto eater I wanted to keep it Keto-friendly.  Dalgona Coffee only takes three simple ingredients. The only thing I had to purchase was the Instant Coffee.  

2 Tablespoons of Instant Coffee
2 Tablespoons of Sugar
2 Tablespoons of Hot Water

Pour whipped coffee goodness on top of a glass of iced Milk (leave room for whipped Coffee)
To make this Keto-friendly you need to use a sugar substitute of your choice, Monk Fruit, Swerve, or whichever you use.  Depending on how sweet you like your coffee, you can adjust from 2 Tablespoons on up.  I have made this a few times and I like 3 Tablespoons of sweetener.  

You will also need to use a Keto-friendly milk option.  I chose to use Almond Milk.  For the first time, I was concerned the Almond Milk would be too watery, I added in a splash of heavy whipping cream into the Almond Milk.  Obviously that is a first timers mistake, there is no need for heavy whipping cream.  Once you add in the thick, fluffy, creamy Dalgona goodness the heavy whip is definitely not necessary.  

I had seen most people hand whisking, I wanted to try some quicker options.  I first tried my hand mixer and it worked perfectly, I absolutely loved how it turned out and it was quick.  

Next I tried to use my mini Magic Bullet blender, that did not work.  The mixture did not whip up nice and fluffy, you could still pour the mixture into the Almond Milk and have the flavor combo but not the fluffy picture perfect topping I was looking for. 

Here is my quick version video making Dalgona Coffee.  For a longer version and to see my Magic Bullet fail check out my YouTube Channel!
https://www.youtube.com/c/BlogAboutItAll
If you want to whip up this delicious concoction I highly recommend using a hand mixer.  Dalgona Coffee is rich and packed with flavor.  I am pretty basic when it comes to coffee I use my Keurig and add Almond Milk or Heavy Whipping Cream and Jordan's Skinny Syrups.  Before Keto I loved Mocha Blasts from Baskin Robbins  and I loved all the Starbucks Frappuccinos.  I now love Keto-Friendly Frappuccinos, this Dalgona Coffee definitely hits the spot for a satisfying sweet coffee treat.  
Ingredients: 
2 Tablespoons of Instant Coffee
2-4 Tablespoons of Sugar Substitute (Swerve or Monk Fruit)
2 Tablespoons of Hot Water
Glass of iced Almond Milk (leave room for whipped Coffee)

Directions:
In a glass bowl mix the Instant Coffee and Sugar Substitute. 
Add in 2 Tablespoons of Hot Water
Use a Hand Mixer to whisk until fluffy and creamy peaks form.
Fold on top of a glass of iced Almond Milk.
Stir slowly into Almond Milk or let sit and stream down into Almond Milk.  
 
This drink is perfect for a busy mom, I don't know about you, my hot coffee is usually never finished while hot, and even if I have an iced coffee, usually ends up watered down.  The nice thing about Dalgona Coffee is it actually taste great after it has had time to mix into the Almond Milk, so I take a few sips, stir and am able to accomplish other tasks and come back and sip and it's still fantastic, not reheating, and it's not melted and watery like a typical iced coffee.  The flavor is so rich, I have not yet experienced a watered down version.  

Thank you for reading if you’ve enjoyed the content you’ve read above please share with your friends. BlogAboutItAll.com