We love cookies, who doesn't?  We love all types, oatmeal, sugar cookies and a basic chocolate chip cookie, yum!  With Easter coming up we wanted to make some Easter treats so today we made these yummy Easter cookies and since we had all the baking stuff out we even baked up some basic chocolate chip cookies too.  For the regular chocolate chip cookies we used the recipe directly from the chocolate chip packaging.  
I am no expert baker, but I thought I would share some tips that I find helpful.  
Tip one, always use room temperature ingredients.  This sometimes can be tricky because if you are like us, we don't always plan on a baking day, we just say "hey we should bake some cookies".  Then you have to wait for your butter to soften and remember it helps to have the eggs at room temp too.  You can always use the microwave to help soften the butter, I think the best way though is to let it come to room temperature. 

Tip two, while I agree most baking is exact, feel free to improvise.  I know in my experience, sometimes I can follow a recipe to the exact and yet the cookie dough is too crumbly so I will add in another egg.  Sometimes, I run low on certain ingredients so I will google "substitute for butter" or "substitute for cornstarch", feel free to experiment and improvise when baking.  While the recipe may not be perfect, I can't say I have ever thrown out cookies.  They may have been too flat, or too cakey, but never gross. 

Tip three, refrigerate your cookie dough before baking, this is especially important during the warmer months.  Refrigerating the cookie dough keeps the cookies from spreading too thin.  Again this requires patience.  Today we started this Easter cookie dough in the morning, let it sit in the refrigerator until after lunch to actually bake.  
Ingredients:
2 Sticks of Butter
3/4 Cup of Light Brown Sugar (I used Truvia Brown Sugar because I ran out of regular).
1/4 Cup of Sugar
2 Teaspoons Vanilla 
2 Eggs 
2 Cups of Flour
2 Teaspoons of Cornstarch
1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
A Pinch of Salt
1 Package of Easter M&M's
1/2 Cup of White Chocolate Chips
1 Cup of Nuts (optional)

Directions:
Blend together the butter, sugars, vanilla and eggs.  

Add in flour, cornstarch, baking soda, salt.  Combine by hand or lightly mixed, do not over mix.  

Stir in M&M's and chocolate chips. 

Place dough in the refrigerator for a couple of hours.

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  

Use a mini ice cream scoop to place on parchment paper and lightly flatten with the palm of your hand.

Bake for 8-10 minutes.  

These cookies came out moist, chewy and delicious.  Hopefully we do not eat them all before Easter arrives.








There is something so comforting and satisfying as a fresh baked cookie right out of the oven.  Absolutely delicious.  I am very grateful that all of my boys enjoy cooking and baking and are happy to help. My two oldest boys actually made the regular chocolate chips cookies pictured below, all by themselves, they came out scrumptiously delicious.  

Thank you for reading if you’ve enjoyed the content you’ve read above please share with your friends. BlogAboutItAll.com