This year Mother's Day will be different...with many people still on shelter in place orders and practicing social distancing, there will be no celebrating out at restaurants, or getting a manicure/pedicure with mom.  

While I love a great gift be that my favorite cosmetics, a personalized phone case, a new purse, wall art and home decor, I think some of these good old classic "home gift ideas" would bless any mom.  

One thing I sure am going to miss this Mother's Day are the homemade Mother's Day gifts the kids make at school, I love a great handprint gift, I may just have the kids create one at home.  

Here are ten at home gift ideas to gift mom this Mother's Day.
1. Breakfast in bed, this is a classic idea.  Although I personally do not want to eat breakfast in bed, I would rather sleep in a little later and enjoy breakfast/brunch around the table.  If the mom in your life loves breakfast in bed this would be a great gift.  Since mom's most of the time are making breakfast I am sure she will enjoy having breakfast specially made for her.  You could create a waffle bar or pancake station, have her favorite toppings out.  An Oatmeal Bar would be fun too!  You could also set up diner style, make a menu print out and have her place her order.  You could do this the night before like on a cruise and have her breakfast request placed on the door. 
2. Clean the House. Especially right now with everyone at home, the house and kitchen seem to constantly need to be cleaned.  Let mom take the weekend off and have everyone else handle the cleaning.  Tackle a specific thing mom has been meaning to clean or organize and do it for her.  

3. Start a Garden.  One year my husband and boys did this for my Mother's Day gift, they went and bought the soil, and planted all sorts of veggies and goodies.  This is a great gift idea!
4. Spa Day at home.  Make mom a foot bath with warm water and Epsom Salt.  You could do manicures and pedicures at home.  Set up soothing music and a dark room, and give mom time to relax.
5. Movie Night for mom.  When is the last time mom picked the movie or show?  Let mom pick the show and bring out her favorite snacks and treats.
6. Write a letter.  Take the time to write a thoughtful letter or card thanking mom for who she is in your life.  I know over the years, my boys have written letters and notes of appreciation and I have saved them, they are precious to me.  
7. Cook her favorite meals.  Why stop at just breakfast in bed, make mom's favorite meals all day long.  Food is definitely one of my love languages.  

8. Record a video sharing all the things you are looking forward to doing with mom once this is over.  Where will you go together?  What stores do you want to stroll with her?  What restaurant, coffee shop, or ice cream parlor do you want to take her to?

9. Wash and clean out her car.  I have a car wash membership, but the vacuums are not in service since they are practicing social distancing.  I love when my boys clean out and vacuum my car, this is a a huge gift to me.  
10. A Personalized Kit.  If your mom loves baking, then put together a baking gift basket, if she is a coffee lover, include her coffee favorites.  If you have a Keto eating mom, put together Keto friendly snacks and treats.  
I hope these ideas help you celebrate Mothers Day this year at home while still practicing social distancing.  The important thing is to let mom know how much she is loved and appreciated.  It really is true, "it is the thought that counts", Mother's Day gifts do not have to be elaborate, as long as they are thoughtful.  Fill the refrigerator and pantry with her favorite treats, make a cupboard shelf for mom only and have things especially for her.  Download some family pictures and create a slideshow for you all to watch together, create a playlist of mom's favorite tunes.  I happened to accidentally open my Mother's Day gift, my husband ordered a new lens for my camera, since I usually open the mail and packages, I opened it, ooops.  Thank you honey, I love my new lens! 

If you are local here to Sacramento check out my friend AshleyNewell.Me a blog post with great Mother's Day Gift Ideas that also support local Sacramento businesses.  

Thank you for reading, feel free to e-mail this post link to your husband, lol.  If you’ve enjoyed the content you’ve read above please share with your friends.  I appreciate you sharing on social media.  
You can find this post to share on my social channels here below.
BlogAboutItAll.com

Facebook https://www.facebook.com/blogaboutitall

Instagram https://www.instagram.com/blogaboutitall/

Twitter https://twitter.com/blogaboutitall

Pinterest https://www.pinterest.com/blogaboutitall/