I love my Instant Pot, our favorite things to use it for of course are soups and meats.  I had not yet tried making hard boiled eggs, with Easter around the corner, I figured I should give it a try.  I love the way the eggs turned out in the Instant Pot.  

A ton of people tell me they have an Instant Pot, and have not actually used it.  Many people I know received one as a Christmas gift or purchased one on a Black Friday deal.  I highly recommend you get it out of the box and use it!  Cooking with the Instant Pot is a huge time saver, or perfect when you forget to thaw out meat, it will cook up frozen meats.  I'll have to do a seperate blog post on the Instant Pot itself.  

Back to Instant Pot hard boiled eggs . . .
Pro's:
Super quick, 5 minute cooking time.
Shell peels off quickly and easily.
No waiting for pot to boil.
Timer beeps right from Instant Pot.

Con's:
Some of the eggs cracked, we could not use those eggs for Easter egg dyeing, for eating this is no problem at all.  It actually worked to have a few eggs to snack on while we dyed eggs.

How to use the Instant Pot for Hard Boiled Eggs:
Place one cup of water in Instant Pot.
Insert trivet and place eggs on top.
Set on manual time for five minutes cooking time.  Make sure valve is set to seal. 
Once 5-minute cooking time is complete, let set for additional 5 minutes.  
Release steam and open. 
Place eggs in a bowl of cold ice water to stop cooking process.  



If you enjoy eating hard boiled eggs as we do, enjoy them right from the Instant Pot.  My husband's favorite way to eat hard boiled eggs is in egg salad, he loves an egg salad sandwich. 

I will definitely continue to make hard boiled eggs in the Instant Pot, it was quick and easy, used less water, and I love the way they turned out.  Normally I would fill a large pot with water, place the eggs in, wait for the pot to come to a boil, I have to keep checking on it to catch when it is boiling, turn the boiling water off, wait 12-15 minutes, then place the eggs in an ice bath.  Not that it is difficult, just definitely requires more of your attention. I don't know about you, I seem to always miss my microwave timer, which is what I would use.

With the Instant Pot, it only called for one cup of water, put the lid on, set the timer for 5 minutes and ignore.  There is just something about that Instant Pot timer that I have never had to ask "did the timer go off?"
Well if you are like many others and have not used your Instant Pot, I hope this encourages you to use it.  We enjoyed decorating and coloring eggs in preparation for Easter.  I am so grateful I always buy holiday clearance items, because I had plenty of egg coloring kits from last year, I did not have to go out and purchase any.  We also used our Egg Mazing, which we love, for more info, check out this previous blog post https://bit.ly/2RrFc62.

I made corn on the cob the other night in the Instant Pot, it was so nice not to have to wait for a giant pot of water to come to a boil.  This Instant Pot is definitely one of my favorite kitchen gadgets!  I often share my Instant Pot adventures on my Instagram Story, if you want more Instant Pot inspiration give me a follow over @BlogAboutItAllThank you for reading if you’ve enjoyed the content you’ve read above please share with your friends. BlogAboutItAll.com