My Kindergartner
When your kids start school they have to memorize a variety of things.  They need to know their home address, home telephone number, spelling words and so much more.

I am going to share what I do to help my children remember their weekly memory verse.  You can use this technique for anything.

My children currently attend private school and every Monday in their homework packet is a memory verse from the Bible, they need memorized by Friday.

Don’t get too excited it’s nothing fancy, I’m no Martha Stewart but it works.  Of course if you are crafty or want to use your computer you can change it up to make it work for you.  I have friends who create songs and hand motions to help their children memorize.  As a busy mom of three boys this is what works for us, it’s simple, it’s quick and usually within 3 days they have their memory verse memorized. 
Last weeks memory verse.

When we are at the dining room table doing homework on Monday I simply write out their memory verse on two pieces of paper.  One copy goes in our car the copy with both children’s memory verse on one sheet of notebook paper.  This way every time we go to school, to church, or the grocery store we recite their memory verse together.  The other copy goes in their bedroom.  For my kindergartner I simply tape the piece of paper on the wall next to his bed.  I also use some symbols/pictures to help with larger words.  For my second grader I place it next to his bed, quite often he will read it on his own when he’s getting in bed, waking up, or even going upstairs to play.

You can watch my son reciting last weeks memory verse right here:
http://youtu.be/8ZVSHbRouDs

Well there you have it; I hope this helps you and your family.

Thanks for reading!



www.BlogAboutItAll.com